I bought this chair on the second-hand market. It was in a very bad state: twisted, the seat was broken, and it had woodworms.
The first thing I did was to dismount it completely and treat it against the woodworms. After I had removed all the paint on it, I began to give it a new life. I still had some paint left which I used to paint the old buffet so I had no doubts when choosing the colour.
With a little help of my husband, I made a new wood seat. Its colour was very light but I loved it. Some clear varnish made a good job.
It was time to assemble the chair. Old screws were going directly to the garbage so I bought some black ones.
A fresh look and…
This is the result!